Ever feel like you have your whole life and career figured out, only to reach a plateau and wonder, “Is this all there is?” As counter-intuitive as it may sound, this feeling may be a sign of success, a sign that you are ready for your next pivot.
Say what?! Yes mama yes.
But how do you move from discouraged to daring? Tune into this week’s interview with motivational speaker, teacher, and author Jenny Blake to find out.
Behind the Boss Babe
- Favorite pump-up song: Jubel by Klingade
- Simple pleasure: Rishi Earl Grey tea with a candle while reading in the morning, ideally at sunrise
- Current challenge working through: Balancing post-pivot rest and the awesome opportunities popping up as a result of launching the book
- Item on your bucket list most people don’t know: Be able to do a headstand when I’m 90 years old, like Tao Porchon-Lynch
- Pep talk to your younger self: Start meditating and strengthening your intuition sooner! All the answers are within.
- Life motto: “Build first, courage second.”
The Pivot Method:
- Plant: Double down on existing strengths, interests, and experiences. Identify what is working best and where you want to end up, then start to bridge the gap between the two points.
- Scan: Look for opportunities and identify new skills without falling prey to analysis-paralysis or compare-and-despair. Explore options by leveraging the network you already have.
- Pilot: Run small experiments to determine next steps. Do side projects to test ideas for your next move, taking the pressure off having the entire answer up front.
- Launch: Take smart risks to launch with confidence in a new direction. Set benchmarks to decide when the time is right to go all-in on your new direction.
Learn more at PivotMethod.com
Favorite Takeaways:Double down on what’s working rather than going outside of yourself. - @jenny_blake #TheBigLeapShow Click To Tweet When given the choice I’d rather try and fail, then never try at all. - @jenny_blake #TheBigLeapShow Click To Tweet Your body is your business so take care of yourself. - @jenny_blake #TheBigLeapShow Click To Tweet Think of your career like a smart phone, not a ladder. - @jenny_blake #TheBigLeapShow Click To Tweet Build first, courage second. - @jenny_blake #TheBigLeapShow Click To Tweet You have everything you need. You are more qualified than you think. - @jenny_blake #TheBigLeapShow Click To Tweet
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Official Pivot Method website
- Jenny’s book “Pivot: The Only Move That Matters Is Your Next One“
- Jenny’s personal website
- Kat’s next leap “Be Brave Get Paid“